Originally built in 1924 by renowned architects Witmer & Watson, this enchanting Spanish Colonial Revival was originally built on the 100 acre La Canada Flintridge castle property as a wedding gift for the owner of the castle's daughter. Today this preserved estate is sited on a gracious and gated acre of land. This private property is tucked off the street for ultimate serenity and relaxation. With a lush surrounding of regional plantings, this amazing estate features quality craftsmanship, architectural significance and pride of ownership. The formal living room has a stone fireplace, wood beamed ceiling, hardwood floors and a bay window for peaceful views of the gardens. The dining room with original gates and curved beamed ceilings, built-ins and antique light fixtures connects to the butler's pantry and kitchen. The kitchen, redone in keeping with the spanish colonial style, has stainless steel appliances, terracotta tile floors and rustic granite countertops and cabinetry, featuring a built-in desk and sound system cabinet. This space flows into a breakfast area and a comfortable family room. On the South wing, there are four bedrooms and three bathrooms and a special library with cozy fireplace and doors to outside patio. A pass through music room with a wall of windows and French doors leads to the rear yard with spa and drought tolerant planting. The property is one of a kind encompassing stone pathways, mature trees, surrounding terraces, gardens and a circular driveway. A two car attached garage, laundry and covered patios complete this home. Award winning La Canada schools.
Cathedral Ceiling(s) | Built-in Features | Balcony